Essential C# is our comprehensive C# course. It is designed to take developers who are new to C# and .NET and get them up to speed on all but the most advanced C# topics.
As you may realize, knowing C# is only the beginning for developing in .NET. Once you understand the language, you need to pick and learn a platform. Popular choices include WPF, Windows Forms, Windows 8 Apps, ASP.NET Web Forms, or ASP.NET MVC (which powers LearningLine).
That said, this course will provide a very solid foundation for any .NET platform you choose going forward. Just some of the topics include:
- Getting started with Visual Studio
- Basic I/O
- Using code in other assemblies (class libraries)
- Creating and calling methods
- Consuming and building classes
- Working with properties
- Error handling and exceptions
- Reference types and value types
- Object inheritance
- Attributes and reflection